"O you who sit in gardens, My companions are listening for your voice... let me hear it!" Song of Songs

Friday, March 18, 2011

More "Chair" talk

My blog will probably take on many looks as I learn to play with all the idea's going on in my head...

I was thinking of more converstions I had in past chairs at different hair salons. I had this one client her name was Julia. She had a commanding presence about her. I actually felt a sudden urge to salute when she would come throught the door every Friday morning at 9. She was a Navy Nurse. I am not sure of her rank, I know she told me but I can't remember. Julia was a special lady she served during the Vietnam war and told of the time they were so scared to go anywhere that she would sleep with her gun under her desk in the hospital ward. There was one time however that she told me about when she was on a ship taking new army recruits to Germany and she had a special assignment. She was in charge of Elvis Presley. Because of his popularity he could not be put in to the regular population. She had to find jobs for him to do to keep him busy. Julia said he was a very repectful person and did all the jobs very well and he gave her no problems. In fact they became good friends and she was invited to dinner with his family.

1 comment: