"O you who sit in gardens, My companions are listening for your voice... let me hear it!" Song of Songs

Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's not about me, or is it?

I have felt I am good at taking critisism and dealing with cranky people, in fact I have given advice to others about how "not" to be so sensitive to others negativity. You know, go with the flow, it's not always about "YOU"! So lately I have been completely tested in this area....no, I would say attacked. I have a had a series of negative incidents and comments come my way and for the most part, bit my lip, smiled, and found the positive, ya know... moved on ( meanwhile noticing my fuse was diminishing... shorter and shorter....) BIG SIGH!
Well, the other day I failed, at least I saw it as a failure, at first. Without going in to detail, comments were made and they were directed "bulls-eye" right at me. So I did the usual, smiled, made a few enlightened positve comments, excused myself and went out behind the wall and cried my eyes out! I guess I had arrived at the limit...but then something happened. Instead of just letting it go (like usual) I decided to confront the person who made the comments to me and state how they made me feel, using "I" statements (of Course) I really have never felt the need to do that before. This time I was determined! So I did it and guess what??? It still was "NOT ABOUT ME" and we chatted laughed and I felt much better! Moral of the story: Be willing to confront on occasion if you feel the need! GOd is soooooo good, just trust in Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment